I love to travel. I enjoy indulging in nice experiences when I’m exploring a new place. However, I also value having a budget and getting the most for my money. That’s why I do my research before going anywhere. Over the years, I’ve flown various airlines. Delta has become my favorite. I used to fly whichever airline was offering the cheapest price but I’ve come to realize that sticking to one airline ends up cheaper in the long run. I took the plunge and signed up for Delta’s credit card last winter and I’m so glad I committed. My Delta Skymiles Credit Card has gotten me some very cheap flights this year thus far, free checked luggage and priority boarding. I’m excited to experience all the perks for trips to come.
In this blog post, I’ll be sharing the top ranked airlines based on the airline industry’s data in 2019 via The Wall Street Journal. These airlines were ranked based on mishandled luggage, delays, customer complaints etc. Some of them may surprise you. If you’re looking to have a seamless travel experience and get the most for your money, take note on the airline rankings below.
Overall Performance Ranking
1. Delta (The best major U.S. airline for the past 3 years)
3. Spirit (Can you believe it?! Still wrapping my head around this one)
8. JetBlue (Lowest overall ranking)
Ranking By Category:
1. Delta (Best)
9. Frontier (Worst)
1. Southwest (Least delays)
9. American (Most delays)
1. Allegiant (Least mishandled bags)
9. American (Most mishandled bags)
1. Alaska (Best)
9. JetBlue (Worst)
1. Delta (Least canceled flights)
9. American (3 times more likely to cancel a flight than Delta)
Involuntary bumping of passengers:
1 Delta (Bumped 9 passengers over the course of 12 months)
9. American (Bumped over 15,000 passengers over the course of 12 months)
Formal Complaints Filed By Passengers:
1. Southwest (Least complaints)
9. Spirit (Most complaints)
I hope these tips provide you with a safe and happy journey when you explore the world this year!